Rob Brindlow

i have nerve deafness

hi, i was born with nerve deafness in my left ear and as i gt older my right ear is now struggling to cope and i had been toying with learning for years but with the advent of online learning i took the plunge and havent regretted it.

im still doing it at basic level but want to continue it on hence why i joined up here but am having camera troubles on my laptop but when i figure it i want to use the video chatting to get more practice on here

any takers?

• Like 1

I am here to learn BSL too :) I am from America and an interpreter of ASL and English. I just want to learn all the signs :)

Welcome here. Since I have been here for about a week, I have noticed the video quality has risen. There is a red icon in your reply that you can use to post a video to your webcam. Much easier than uploading via YouTube. Hope to see you around!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi Anyone know if there is a practice group or similar somewhere in Great Yarmouth or surrounding areas, most places seem to be around the Norwich area? I am currently doing level 2 and really need more receptive practice
    • Hey peeps Ive just done a first year of BSL to keep up with my 11 year old daughter who has cochlear implants. I found watching the DVD part of the level 1 exam too hard but everyone just said get on with it. It was like teh Emperor's New Clothes scenario. So what happens this week, it is announced that the video was in fact for level 2 students. Thankyou! But bizzarely we still watched it as a group and with some support I got there. But it is all a bit of a muddle if you ask me. Anyone else have this prob?
    • Hi peeps, I'm resitting level 3 sections 320/321 anywhere I can find receptive videos to help me with the speed they sign at??? Or anyone wants the do video chats with me??? 
    • hi if its for younger age id think about making it fun colours animals fingerspelling or even learning songs or stories in sign ect if its for older students I learnt things like hobbies, describing family, house, out and about ect hope this helps and good luck xxx
    • Hi ! I am Merve, I am a teacher. I have just completed the lessons of Turkish Sign Language, with the help of what I have learnt I can communicate with deaf people.But this is just in Turkish, my wish is to reach more people , I think this will be possible by learing English Sign Language; so I am here.And also I want to teach the words I learn to my students.
    • Hi Amy We are out tomorrow but Sunday afternoon is good for me.   Lynda x
    • Hi everyone, I am new to BSL and on level one, has anyone yet done the written assessment and what exactly do they mean when they want interesting facts. as i am struggling a little on what to write. Happy Friday 😀👍
    • Hi Lynda, either is fine. I'm around tomorrow until 3:30, or Sunday any time? I'm in Essex but I've been learning signs from the Internet so I've probably got quite a mixture of dialects haha.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker