Sign in to follow this  
Annie

BSL courses in the Northwest

Hi everyone 

my little boy is six years old has Down syndrome and Autism spectrum Condition. His hearing is fine but his speech is severely delayed and is only just beginning to emerge - parts of words and sounds but they're mainly copied. He attends a school which teaches BSL throughout so although he started on Makaton he has been learning BSL for the last three years. His signing is once again just copying others however when his one to one signs to him he clearly has a good understanding of the signs. We have been trying to learn BSL through books etc but I'm looking for a suitable course in the Liverpool area. The night school courses aren't suitable they seem to be aimed at adults whereas I need infant type subject matter also they are £800 basic level. Any ideas? Thanks x

HI Annie,   Please get in touch  with me... I run classes in Southport  for  all types  of  signing.. I can give you a dvd  of mine  and  handouts  that will help  your family to  learn at home.. Details  of FREE websites/ Free Apps  for phone  , etc.. 

My classes  are free  , we  ask  voluntary donations  at  each  session attended..  our website:   www.practicemakesperfec.org.uk     If you ring  me  01704 546626 or  text me  your  number  Im happy to ring you after  my  class   about 8.30 

( im out  5.25 pm  for class 6.pm to 8pm. )  this evening .. 

• Like 1

The deafness resource centre in St. Helens do a happy hands on Wednesday afternoon and also coffee mornings you can meet with deaf people and practice 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Looks like we are all struggling to find practice I have yet to see anyone in the beginners room when I'm online. I am also new and think practise with someone is the best way to get use to signing, assuming that we do the signs right Again due to work etc I will only be free on video chat Tuesday's around 6.30pm maybe for half hour. Fingers crossed 👍 Paul.
    • Hey, I’m Ryan and I’m brand new to BSL. My schedule means I’m unable to enrol on a course, so I will be making use of any online resources. I was also hoping to maybe find someone who would like to practice. Any level is cool with me.
    • Hi, I would like to register a group of people (my family) to learn BSL. I was wondering if I do a group enrollment can they log into the course separately? Or do we all have to log on via 1 log in and we learn at the same time? 
    • Hey. That would be great! I'm finishing my course next week, so would like to keep practicing.
    • Good Morning, I hope this is the correct forum to introduce myself and what I am looking for? If not please do let me know the best way to go about this. I work for Three mobile and run their Three Live video streaming service and would like to include broadcasts with a BSL user sitting alongside our presenters to increase accessibility and awareness for our viewers. I am looking for volunteers in or around the Glasgow area to come in and sign for me on special broadcasts alongside my presenters. I will be able to cover travel expenses for you if anyone on the forum would be interested. you can access my teams broadcasts here www.three.co.uk/three-live and we tend to broadcast on the hour for about 20 mins just click on the widget at the bottom right  of the screen to see what we do. If you are interested please reply. And I apologise to admin if this is not the correct use of this forum pages but would appreciate guidance on where I can request this if possible.
    • I was hoping to start in Newcastle College, found out today the course is on hold... I'm just looking around YouTube atm.
    • Hi Emma, where are you studying in Sunderland?  Are you doing introduction now?
    • Hi Sue, I'm in Sunderland, I'm learning sign language because I want to become an interpreter, I'm going to start level 1 in September.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker