Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello!  I'm learning sign language to help me communicate more easily at home and with other hearing impaired people, including my sister and others I hope to meet in the future.  I have always been deaf in one ear, but am slowly losing my hearing in my hearing ear as well.  It is becoming increasingly more difficult for me to hear, even though I wear hearing aides.  I have beginning level skills, having learned from Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University course (and from his free ASL learning site, Lifeprints.com).  I would like to pracice with other beginning level signers OR very patient higher-level signers.  I'm excited that this site offers an opportunity for me and others to learn from each other!

  • Like 1
Posted

Hi! I like learning new things. This ASL became a reality in 2017 @ Canadian Hearing Society. I think my brain literally melted. There were many factors I didn't know include in ASL. I continue to practice on my own but I would like to try to communicate with others. I am not yet that confident using ASL but I hope in time (patience) I will get there. I am looking forward learning with you :)

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hello Cnen, JamieHonds007, Fia and Angel,

Thank you for offering to sign with me!  I would love to know how to get in touch with you.  I stopped going to this site because I had trouble connecting to people while on it and am still wanting to know how to get in touch with people when they and I are free (i.e. to speak/sign directly to someone!).

I will enter each of your pages to see if I can set up a time to pracice signing with you.  Look forward to meeting all of you!

Cordially,

Alison Sattler

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 10/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, asattler said:

Hello!  I'm learning sign language to help me communicate more easily at home and with other hearing impaired people, including my sister and others I hope to meet in the future.  I have always been deaf in one ear, but am slowly losing my hearing in my hearing ear as well.  It is becoming increasingly more difficult for me to hear, even though I wear hearing aides.  I have beginning level skills, having learned from Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University course (and from his free ASL learning site, Lifeprints.com).  I would like to pracice with other beginning level signers OR very patient higher-level signers.  I'm excited that this site offers an opportunity for me and others to learn from each other!

I love BILL. I am always willing to help to teach I love signing I don’t know everything but I can share what I do know. Anyone prefer a platform to video chat which do you prefer zoom, Skype, ?? My name is nylasha I’m a hearing person I go to a church for all deaf people to learn asl better

Posted
On 11/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, asattler said:

Hello Cnen, JamieHonds007, Fia and Angel,

Thank you for offering to sign with me!  I would love to know how to get in touch with you.  I stopped going to this site because I had trouble connecting to people while on it and am still wanting to know how to get in touch with people when they and I are free (i.e. to speak/sign directly to someone!).

I will enter each of your pages to see if I can set up a time to pracice signing with you.  Look forward to meeting all of you!

Cordially,

Alison Sattler

Feel free to reach out I can help with sign language email [email protected]

That is  also my Instagram (iammblessed) name where I do a lot of sign language gospel 

Posted
On 10/17/2020 at 6:20 AM, asattler said:

Hello!  I'm learning sign language to help me communicate more easily at home and with other hearing impaired people, including my sister and others I hope to meet in the future.  I have always been deaf in one ear, but am slowly losing my hearing in my hearing ear as well.  It is becoming increasingly more difficult for me to hear, even though I wear hearing aides.  I have beginning level skills, having learned from Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University course (and from his free ASL learning site, Lifeprints.com).  I would like to pracice with other beginning level signers OR very patient higher-level signers.  I'm excited that this site offers an opportunity for me and others to learn from each other!

Heyya Allison!

I'm Dinsha Jain and I'm a beginner level signer. I too am learning from Bill Vicars and I love it!! He's so funny and good! I'd love to practice with you since we're both beginners.  :)

  • 1 month later...
Posted

CC - Hi my name i Keys, yes that is my name. I am HoH (hard of hearing) but my family is hearing. I want to meet more people who want to learn more sign language. Bye!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Posts

    • When several deadlines come together, students can easily feel overwhelmed and start searching for ways to do my assignment. However, learning how to plan the research and organize ideas can make academic work much easier to manage. This article offers some useful suggestions for approaching difficult coursework in a more organized way. Definitely an informative read for students.
    • Writing a thesis can be challenging when research, critical analysis, referencing, and academic deadlines all need careful attention. Students working on complex research projects may find Thesis writing services useful for organising their ideas, reviewing drafts, and improving the structure and clarity of their academic work.
    • Originality and accurate referencing are important when preparing academic research. Students looking for plagiarism free dissertation help should consider services that focus on original writing, proper citations, proofreading, and careful editing. A reliable provider can also help improve the structure and presentation of a dissertation while ensuring that sources are appropriately acknowledged. Checking the provider’s quality standards and revision policy can help students choose suitable academic support for their research project.
    • At Faisalabad Fabric Store Canada, we bring 15 years of wholesale experience and our own in-house manufacturing to our linen collection. We already supply several boutique owners across Canada, from Toronto and Mississauga to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Surrey. Linen is the fabric Canadian South Asian shoppers move to once lawn season ends, and we keep our production and stock built around that shift, so your store doesn’t have a gap between summer and winter collections. Wholesale Pakistani Linen Suits
×
×
  • Create New...