h.n.jootna

LEVEL 1 PRACTICE EVENING ONLINE

Hi,

I have just completed level one and want to practice before getting stuck into level two! I noticed that there were soooo many beginners who wanted to practice. This website seems to provide a space for video chat now! Shall we get organised???

Maybe on Sunday evenings at 6pm BST we could meet in the online video chat rooms to practice. Anyone up for it?

Thanks and hope to sign with you soon!

Hope

• Like 4

I'm up for this! I completed level 1 recently too, but that was a month ago where I haven't practised much since so already feeling rusty. Also just started level 2 (where I'm finding the signing too fast too follow!) so would be great to have people to practice with

I'd love to do this! I'm on the last topic of my level one and starting to get nervous about the assessments 

On 2017-4-21 at 19:43, h.n.jootna said:

Hi,

I have just completed level one and want to practice before getting stuck into level two! I noticed that there were soooo many beginners who wanted to practice. This website seems to provide a space for video chat now! Shall we get organised???

Maybe on Sunday evenings at 6pm BST we could meet in the online video chat rooms to practice. Anyone up for it?

Thanks and hope to sign with you soon!

Hope

@h.n.jootna How will this work in theory, would we do a group video chat via Skype or something? (I've only used Skype to communicate with one person, so no idea how a group one works!) And are we starting tonight?

Hello @MissJennyNg - This website has group video chatrooms (up to 4 people per room - but users can create as many new rooms as you like) - just click on the "BSL Chat Rooms" menu button at the top of this page :D

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Hello @MissJennyNg - This website has group video chatrooms (up to 4 people per room - but users can create as many new rooms as you like) - just click on the "BSL Chat Rooms" menu button at the top of this page :D

@Admin @h.n.jootna  I just tried to join, but I could only see myself..! I could see that Hope had joined the room, but there was only a blank screen where her face would be. I tried using the message facility within the room to reach her that way but got no response. Please can you explain how the chat room works, is there some other setting we need to enable?

Hello.  I'm sorry that you had difficulty using the chat rooms.

I can't see a particular problem with the server.  Can you confirm that you aren't using a mobile device as these aren't yet supported for the chat rooms?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Admin said:

I can't see a particular problem with the server.  Can you confirm that you aren't using a mobile device as these aren't yet supported for the chat rooms?

@AdminNope, I'm just using my Mac. The video WAS working for me and I could see myself - just not the other person.

I've just seen this message in the Chat Box from Hope @h.n.jootna: I have been in the room but nothing is working. I have tried to set up the camera and microphone and enter a nickname but the panel that appears on the left hand side of the screen wont work - it wont recognise my pointer/clicker!

Hi,

Sorry things didn't work out! I am just on my HP with Windows 10. It might be me being computer illiterate, but I tried a few times. I'll have another go before the next practice and hopefully I'll be able to sort things out, but I'll let you know if not!

Thanks,

Hope

PS - Jenny @missjennyng feel free to add me on Skype. My skype name is HopeNatalya.

No worries @h.n.jootna, I think there must be some compatibility issues, as there was one point where I had some other screen come up but it wouldn't let me select anything etc. I've sent you a Skype request anyway in the meantime. Fingers crossed we'll get it working somehow next Sunday!

Hello both - are you able to let me know what web browser you are using and if you are on Windows, or Mac (or something else?) - so that we can do a bit of testing and try to figure out why you weren't able to connect to each other.  Thanks

Hello @MissJennyNg, @h.n.jootna & everyone.  Since the weekend we have been working very hard to smooth out some of the bugs that you experienced in the video chat rooms last weekend.  I'm really pleased to say that these should all be fixed!  Please give it a go and let me know if you have any problems. Click Here xD

Hi, I'm not sure if this message will reach everyone in this thread (not sure how to do that) but just to say that me and Kaleigh @KaleLing managed to do a practice video chat last Sun 6pm BST if others wanted to join/try this Sunday. I'm out tomorrow but think Kaleigh will be there 😀

Jenny x

I usually am online on Sundays except yesterday as it was Mother's Day here in America :)

I will definitely be online this Sunday!