Heather P

Video quiz of family! Answer the questions below!

A quick video, don't look at others answers.

What is my mothers name?

Do I have any siblings? If I do what are their names?

Whats my marital status?

Any further descriptions?

Edited by Heather P

What is my mothers name?

Whats my marital status?

Can anyone please help me with how to sign family that are step-related?  I am doing module 5 and most of my family are step it would be nice to make the phrases / descriptions I learn more relevant to me. Thanks in advance. K

Hey Heather,

Lovely video :)

What is my mothers name? Sally

Do I have any siblings? If I do what are their names? 1 Brother named Martin

Whats my marital status? Married

Any further descriptions? Your Husband is called James and very tall

• Like 1

On 27/04/2020 at 22:25, Heather P said:

A quick video, don't look at others answers.

What is my mothers name?

Whats my marital status?

Thanks for doing this i enjoyed it .

Mother is called Sally

1 Brother no sisters

Brother called Martin

You are Married 

Husband called James he is tall has blue eyes and a beard.

M xx

Edited by Ria Frances
  • Like 1

Lovely video, I understood you completely.

Your mum is called Sally.

You have 1 brother. He is called Martin.

You are married and your husband's name is James. He is tall with a beard and blue eyes!

One piece of advice I can give is try not to add 'what' to everything. It's known as a rhetorical question in BSL and is much better used here and there. For example, 'mum, name..' nod your head. Hope that makes sense 😃

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi everyone!  I've always wanted to learn BSL as it's such a useful skill to have. I am going to uni in September so if I were to meet a deaf person, I would now feel much more confident and excited to use the BSL I have been learning.  Hope everyone is staying safe :)
    • Haha i was the same. Put it up on Facebook and told family and you should as it is an amazing achievement  Yes it feels like going in new and blind almost for me too. No we dont have any training to do but heard layout going to completely change operating of the day and just so unknown. Not helped by fact i support a student in my job with epilepsy and her seizures are triggered by anxiety nervousness etc so me and her family who im very close to are worried. What is it you do again? 
    • Well, thank you for the vote of confidence, when I get my certificate I will be framing it and showing it off to everybody I know haha 😂 But seriously, congrats again on acing the final exam. Well deserved.   I'm not surprised you're nervous about heading back, I know for me it's definitely going to feel like I'm starting a new job when I eventually get the go ahead to go back in. Just curious, but do you have to take any additional health and safety course or additional training befor
    • Thank you so much!! ❤ Was so happy and relieved as they do throw in a few tricky ones but yea got my certificate printed out and currently on my desk! Im sure you will smash it when the time comes as well Aww the work situation with everything here is so hard atm.. im supposed to be returning as a classroom assistant in Bangor at end of August and feeling quite nervous about how different its going to be. Hope stuff with your family is okay. Im here if ever want to chat or can pm thro
    • Oh congratulations girl! I'm so happy for you for passing, and extra congrats on getting the full 100%!!!! 😁😁😁 I'm sure you were thrilled with your results! Do you have your certificate printed out yet? 😋   Yeah I'm all good, was suppose to be back in work, but last minute it got pushed back, then some family stuff came up, but everything has calmed down now thankfully. Only getting back into BSL today so still on Module 4, but towards the end. At the Work and School section. I hope to
    • Hey! aww hope it hasnt been too stressful with anything in your life. i got 100% i was so happy. Trickier compared to previous assessments but good and relieved to have got my certificate which you can print out at the end Hope everything is going well with you. Which module are you currently on? Helen x
    • Hi Helen!    So sorry for the late reply, it has been an absolutely mental 2 weeks for me, only getting back into my BSL today. Feel like I'm starting from scratch 🤪 How did your final exam go last week? hopefully well!
    • Excellent session tonight @Den. Thank you to those that participated. Covered questions structured not covered in the course and basic finger-spelling- in order to get more familiar and much more faster. 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker